WAIOT was founded in Vienna (Austria) on May 30th, 2017.
In the picture: the WAIOT Founding Members - From the left:
Prof. Guenter Lob (Germany)
Prof. Andreas Tiemann (Germany)
Prof. Hazem Al Khawashki (Saudi Arabia)
Prof. Lorenzo Drago (Italy)
Prof. Kostantinos Malizos (Greece)
Prof. Chingiz Alizadeh (Azerbaijan)
Dr. Nicola Logoluso (Italy)
Prof. Carlo L. Romanò (Italy)
Prof. Heinz Winkler (Austria) [taking the photo...]
2017 Aug 21 - Invitation letter to a selection of experts to join WAIOT
2017 Sept 8 - 1st Steering committee meeting – Nantes (France)
2017 Oct 27 - 2nd Steering committee meeting – Berlin (Germany)
2017 Dec 1 - WAIOT 1st General Assembly - Cape Town (South Africa)
2018 Oct 13 - WAIOT 2nd General Assembly - Montreal (Canada)
2019 Dec 6 - WAIOT 3rd General Assembly - Muscat (Oman)
2021 Aug 28 - WAIOT 4th General Assembly - Virtual
2022 Sept 1 - WAIOT 5th General Assembly - Cairo (Egypt)
The WAIOT foundation has been inspired by the
"SICOT Declaration of Rio de Janeiro on International Campaign against Bone and Joint Infections",
released in November 2014 in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).
With the following aims:
• To bring together Colleagues of various disciplines and from all over the world that are interested in MSIs.
• To increase and share the knowledge on MSIs and to support education and training throughout the world.
• To support the research on musculoskeletal, biofilm- and implant-related infections.
• To openly cooperate with existing national and international institutions and societies focused on MSIs, with a special reference to SICOT.
• To raise new awareness in institutions and all the stakeholders about the social and economical impact of bone and joint infections.
Prof. Dr. Hernán Jose Del Sel
Buenos Aires - Argentina
Prof. Dr. Günter Lob
München - GERMANY